Sharing Me With You

My photo
Amsterdam, New York, United States
May 10, 2010 my RCA (right coronary artery) was blocked and I experienced a heart attack two days before my 49th birthday. Now I can add CAD to my list of living with diseases. Life is to short, it's time to live it. Sharing my escapades and life lessons.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Heart Attack

THURSDAY, MAY 20, 2010
11:50 PM

Heart attack! Who knew? I’ve been home exactly one week from the hospital and have already returned to work. Not that I wanted to return. Family Medical Leave without pay is not within my budget. Today was the first day back and the Human Resources Team seemed very pleased to see me. Most of the day was spent catching up on emails and paperwork. I did get tired around three o’clock. Heather asked me how I was doing and I informed her that I was tired. She said that I should get back into the swing of things slowly and consider shortening my day. She reported me to Laura, the supervisor, and I was told to go home. They didn’t want me falling asleep behind the wheel of the car.

On Monday, May 10, 2010 6:00 AM, while going through my morning ritual; coffee, cigarette, check email, and sync iPod all before I get into the shower and begin ritual two, I experienced chest pain. I attributed it to the onset of pneumonia since that was the symptom five years ago when I thought I was having a heart attack. I controlled my breathing, chased the coffee with 20 ounces of water and continued with the morning regimen…. (To be continued)