Sharing Me With You

My photo
Amsterdam, New York, United States
May 10, 2010 my RCA (right coronary artery) was blocked and I experienced a heart attack two days before my 49th birthday. Now I can add CAD to my list of living with diseases. Life is to short, it's time to live it. Sharing my escapades and life lessons.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Street Walker


Taking in the sights of Peachtree in search of a key ring for my niece, JeNae, as per her request.  It's funny that when I travel the last thing I think about is souvenirs.  I have no collectables of the places I've been and very few photos. The events are stored in my memory.  I'm not the typical traveler, meaning I don't do the sight seeing tours or hit the historic locals of a city.  I tend to blend in with the locals and find the local hangouts imagining that I actually live in the place I'm visiting.

I hit the streets in search of the key ring and to check out the karaoke place I drove by the other night.  I was exhausted on Sunday, October 13th since I didn't get in until 7:00 am from the night before.  Let's just say I had a fabulous time with the locals and I will not share the details.   They must stay here and in my memory.  My street walking took me to the Peachtree Center a mall of all places.  I passed Gladys Knights on the way, a place that serves chicken and waffles and even though I was excited to see the sign I didn't have a appetite to stop and eat.  The sign on the door "no weapons allowed" wasn't inviting.  I think that's when I lost my appetite.  I love chicken waffles but not enough to risk the possibility of getting shot.

Picked up two key rings. I have two nieces and I can't bring back one key ring.  They are the same to prevent arguing.  A trick I learned from Joyce, my mother, God bless her spirit.


No comments: