Sharing Me With You

My photo
Amsterdam, New York, United States
May 10, 2010 my RCA (right coronary artery) was blocked and I experienced a heart attack two days before my 49th birthday. Now I can add CAD to my list of living with diseases. Life is to short, it's time to live it. Sharing my escapades and life lessons.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Garry

Continued from October 12, 2010

We spent the rest of the evening getting to know one another.  What an unlikely pair to be so engrossed in the corner of a bar; an African American and a Skinhead.  Yes!  I said a skinhead with a swastika patch, confederate flag, bomber jacket, bald head, tattoos, and combat boots.  That is why I don’t judge on appearances, les I be judged.  He does not fit the stereotype.  In fact he is rather sweet and a self proclaimed “good skinhead”.  The opposing attraction was magnetic and the cousins noticed it at Rafferty’s.  My girls are very observant and could tell I was beside myself.  It’s difficult for me to hide my emotions when I’m enthralled with someone from my heart.

Well, I’ve said it and he will probably read it.  Garry shouldn’t be surprised since I have not hidden my feelings towards him.  The most I can hope for is a wonderful friendship and that will have to suffice.  Good friends are hard to find and I think I have found one in Garry.



Roots of the Skinhead
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Garry said...

Somehow I missed this entry until now. Very sweet. As the old theme song said, "There's good in everyone....you can see the morning sun, if you try." Five point for you if you know the song. Garry

ECagelove said...

Garry, you got me on that one. I'm thinking "The Facts of Life".