Sharing Me With You

My photo
Amsterdam, New York, United States
May 10, 2010 my RCA (right coronary artery) was blocked and I experienced a heart attack two days before my 49th birthday. Now I can add CAD to my list of living with diseases. Life is to short, it's time to live it. Sharing my escapades and life lessons.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

NYTimes.com: Spared Death, Aging People With H.I.V. Struggle to Live

Thanks for this article.  A lot of what is printed I have/am experiencing.  Four out of the 8 health conditions: cancer, heart attack, depression, and memory loss.  I'm isolated, yes my sister is downstairs but really I'm alone.  We don't hang out together.  No one comes up to visit.  If I don't stop by from time to time I would never see them other than glimpses from the window when I peer outside to see what's going on in the yard.

My current medication is the last for me.  If it stops working ill have to waite for a knew drug to pop up on the market.  Yet, I remain positive for the most part and when I need counsel, I get it.  Last year was the first time I ever went to a psychologist and the sessions before my trip to MS did me a world of good.  I'm back on track.

Who would have thought I'd be here 23 years later; diagnosed March 29, 1990 - my mother's birthday.  Like so many in the article I planned to die and didn't think I would see the 21st century.  Look at me, I'm still here.  Made it through the Y2K scare in more ways than one.





Sent from Incredimail for iPad

From: thetoastofnewyork
Sent: 9:04 AM
Subject: NYTimes.com: Spared Death, Aging People With H.I.V. Struggle to Live

Sent by thetoastofnewyork@outlook.com:

Spared Death, Aging People With H.I.V. Struggle to Live

By JOHN LELAND
Drugs may have prevented people with H.I.V. from dying of AIDS, but even as they reach the once-unthinkable age of 50, their lives continue to be ravaged by the virus.
Or, copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://nyti.ms/12VXpXs
To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add nytdirect@nytimes.com to your address book.

No comments: