Sharing Me With You

My photo
Amsterdam, New York, United States
May 10, 2010 my RCA (right coronary artery) was blocked and I experienced a heart attack two days before my 49th birthday. Now I can add CAD to my list of living with diseases. Life is to short, it's time to live it. Sharing my escapades and life lessons.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Acknowledgement

First and foremost, I must acknowledge my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is through his grace and mercy that permits me to document this positive yet provocative story. All praise and honor are due him.

I’d like to thank my sister because of Christ, JeNette Harris, for encouraging me in 1999 to invest in a computer to write this book. “Stop spending so much time at work and use your talent at home to share your experiences with those who share your plight.” Much love sweetheart! Remember, I know who you are. Tell him I said, “Thank you” and I’ll see you there. (Ok, you can cut a step now).

As an African American male, I must follow the lead of so many others and thank my mother. Joyce, you deserve a standing ovation for your role as both father and mother. When I needed love, you gave it unconditionally. When I needed discipline you gave it constructively. And when I needed a friend you were there when I was friendless. Though you unknowingly (I think) spoiled me rotten, I didn’t turn out to bad. You taught me how to respect women and for that the woman in my life and I thank you. This is one book I think you will read through. I will reveal quite a few things that you are not aware of in my story. Yes, you will need a box of Kleenex. Mother, please do not blame yourself for my circumstances. You did everything right! I know you. Do not start thinking of how you could have done things differently. My destiny was predetermined for the purpose of this book. This is just a small part of the charge I have on my life. Prepare yourself and don’t read more than you can handle at one time. I love you……………………………………Eddie

Note to self (NTS):  Obviously, this last paragraph will have to be rewritten since Joyce passed away February 2, 2010 and any references to her in the present tense will have to be reworked.  Oh yeah, one more thing.  Don't start correcting grammer.  That's what stalled you the last time.  Just write!

No comments: