Sharing Me With You

My photo
Amsterdam, New York, United States
May 10, 2010 my RCA (right coronary artery) was blocked and I experienced a heart attack two days before my 49th birthday. Now I can add CAD to my list of living with diseases. Life is to short, it's time to live it. Sharing my escapades and life lessons.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heart Looks Good!

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010 
3:32 PM

Had a cardiac appointment today and Dr. Rund said the blood work and ultra sound of my heart look good!  No other artery damage.  Whew, I guess I'm not dying today.  The stent has taken hold to my artery and it is up to me to keep it clear, so STOP SMOKING boi.  She said she would be in my face every appointment until I quit for good.  I'll see her in four months, hopefully tabacco free.

Asked about the cold medicines and she recommend that I take nothing.  The dayquil/nightquil are just stronger versions of benedryl with a little alcohol to make me sleep.  No harm in taking them but they don't work.  They sure make me feel better though.  She is definitely into the natural medicines.  I can take tylenol for headaches when needed.  The important meds are the plavix, aspirin, lipitor and metroprolol.

Oh darn, I forgot to ask her about being sort of melancholy from time to time.  I'll save that one for Dr. Liporace (Ralph) next month.  He knows me better.  More than likely it's normal considering what I have been through.  Just need to keep an eye on it so it doesn't manifest into something worse.  Not that I need anything more to contend with.

No comments: